How do I restore a dissolved company to the register of companies?

If your company has been struck off the register of companies, there are various options available to you: 

There are 2 ways of re-instating a company. The easy way is by administrative restoration. You will find the procedure, forms and cost here and a fee, currently £100, is payable to Companies House. 

If you are not eligible for the administrative method (for example because the company was struck off more than 6 years ago) you will need to get a court order to restore the company. The process is short but technical, and at the time of writing, the court fee is £308. You can find further details of the procedure here

A Part 8 claim form is issued with a witness statement which must include certain pieces of required information. Evidence of service of the application, any undertakings and the agreed consent order are also filed. The court procedure involves the Registrar of Companies who is represented by the Treasury Solicitor – (whose attendance might require you to pay costs of around £250 or more) – and can involve some negotiation. Information about the company can often be found free of charge at  Companies House. Whilst you may feel confident in tackling the administrative method yourself, our team of experienced commercial lawyers are able to help when an application has to be made to the court – both in drafting papers and representing you in court. 

To get in touch with a member of our Direct Access legal team, first read our simple step-by-step guide, then fill in the online form for our clerks to advise you on your next steps. 

Filter Insights


Portfolio Builder

Select the legal services that you would like to download or add to the portfolio

Download    Add to portfolio   
Title Type CV Email

Remove All


Click here to share this shortlist.
(It will expire after 30 days.)